When you have no plan, the probate court will determine how to handle your assets, based on the laws of intestate succession. Based on those laws, to whom your property will be distributed depends on which of your relatives survived you.
Topics covered in this whitepaper include:
- Nevada’s Laws of Intestate Succession
- Who Will Inherit My Property?
- Community Property
- Legal Definition of “Children”
- Special Circumstances That May Apply
- Avoiding the Laws of Intestate Succession
- Avoiding Probate